Monday, April 11, 2016

Kasey Is Extending--13 April 2016

You will never guess what happened...... first of all, I'm still staying here in H2. I'm probably going to die here!! Wooooot. Really excited. Also extremely surprised because I told everyone I was leaving and that I for sure was heading out. Manuel and Iris and Antonio will be happy I suppose :) also Hermana Hofheins and I are training together!!!! That will be awesome!!! She's adorable and I know she'll help the new hermana a ton. 

Also officially extending until July 19th. I mean it's only two weeks, but president said that family comes first, so I should go on the trip with you all. I'm excited for that and I think that will be the best thing :) I AM SO EXCITED TO EXTEND!!!!! I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOT!!!!!

Now for even better things........ RAQUEL AND KARLA GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!! this baptism was actually really surprising. So this is what happened. Raquel and Carlos were going to get baptized today. Karla was going to wait, but then Carlos couldn't come because he had to watch his brother. So Raquel was just going to get baptized. So we had the extra baptismal suit and I joked to Karla that she could change her mind and get baptized right now if she wanted, but she didn't say anything. I didn't think she would since it was a joke. But they went into change and then all of a sudden Karla came out and she said, I'm ready to be baptized!!!!! so instead of Raquel and Carlos getting baptized, Raquel and Karla did. I felt like a chicken with my head cut off. It was a little interesting because we had done the program and everything and everything was set for them, but Carlos is getting baptized tomorrow, so it's all good. But yes. I was super happy but taken aback :)



also TONO HAS OFFICIALLY DECIDED ON HIS DATE AND HE IS 100% SET ON IT!!!!!! He wants to get baptized on his birthday!!!!!!!!!! April 27.Que chevere sera???? :):):):):):) I have been working with him forever and I will be able to be here for his baptism. 

WE ARE SO BLESSED IN THIS AREA!!!!!! Heavenly Father definitely is getting his work rolling even more :) 

Funny story: so I did not want to take my shoes off to cross the baptismal font, so Hermana Hofheins carried me:) we were laughing so hard, I'm surprised no one came into see what was going on!! 

Hermana Calvert was talking the other day about choices and what President Monson said in his talk. What she said really stood out to me. Basically she said, now are the days that people really will be joining the church, but then they will need to choose for themselves. we as leaders just need to keep going on and do our best, but realize that now are the last days. The people who choose to follow are few. It's really our own individual salvation---I've always known that's true, but now it's even more prevalent. There are very few that will choose God's way and His gospel, so let's be that few. 

Life is wonderful!!! I'm excited to extend and I'm excited to be able to go on the trip still :) I hope I'm not changing too many things up, but I know it's what God wants me to do!!! I love you all so much!!!!! Hasta luego!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment