Monday, April 4, 2016

CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):):):) 4 April 2016

CONFERENCE WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I learned sooooooooooooo much. Sorry I don't know if you can tell how excited I am because it was phenomenal. I love conference on the mission and I'll keep loving it after :)

To start out I'll let you know some of the things i learned because I'm a missionary and for some weird reason, I can't think of anything else :) hahah

I loved what Donald L. Hallstrom said "You can have what you want or you can have something better" so many people don't realize that we think we know better, and we do want things, but God will give us something so much better than we can even come up with. So we when we are trying to make a decision, let's think first of what God wants and then He can make of us what only He can. "You can only make yourself a man, but only He can make you into a god" Let's put ourselves in the Master's hands and achieve our full potential :)

I also loved Kevin R. Duncan's talk about forgiveness. It's the way to escape from the misdeeds of others. Honestly, that can be one of the hardest things to do, but with God it is possible. and every tear that we shed, we will be rewarded with a 100 fold of joy. That's a huge promise right there. As we try to forgive, God will forgive us and we will be filled with peace.

Anderson's talk was beautiful and I've heard it hit home for a couple people :) haha It's a beautiful thing to know that even though some families aren't perfect, you can still have an eternal family. Such a blessing to know that and feel the strength from that knowledge :)

NOW MY FAVORITE!!!!! Elder's Bednar's talk was AMAZING!!!! I can't even handle it. Baptism and the Holy Ghost and the sacrament. I can't even explain it. You just have to read it and read it again to fully grasp the brilliance and power of his words. Wow. Perfect for my investigators!!! It is so essential for us to be baptized and then receive the Holy Ghost. Not only that, but keep going forever to renew those covenants and have the Holy Ghost which cleanses us. Through the Holy Ghost, we can become like God. Those steps are the ONLY way to be saved and eventually be exalted, which is greater than we can imagine.

Monson: "May we ever choose the harder right, instead of the easier wrong"

and of course, Holland's talk to end it astounding. great end to a conference.

I'll stop talking about conference now. It was amazing though :)

Also something super funny: so i cut my hair. Like a lot and now we have a joke that everyone's lives revaround my hair because even random people in the street were coming up to us and saying, what happened? Where is your hair?? haha, super funny. I think the funniest thing would be if I didn't send you a picture, so you never knew how much I actually cut.... haha


Raquel, Carlos, and Karla are doing so good!!! If you could all pray that Raquel doesn't drink coffee, so she can get baptized this week, that would be awesome. They're so excited though and they're so cute!!

We've also seen so many miracles. There was this one lady who would always go to English class, but then she stopped going and yesterday we found her!!! She says she wants us to teach her the gospel and go to church and wow!! Such a miracle!!! She's so cute and we are going to help her have an eternal family!!!!!

Also funny story: We had a wedding gig. Legit. I played piano and Hermana Hofheins the violin. Super cool. 

and now for the best thing: WE TRICKED THE ELDERS INTO THINKING THEY WERE GETTING EVICTED!!!!!! hahahaha hilarious. it was rather ingenious not going to lie. I kind of want that for my journal :) you have to do something fun for April fool's day even if you're on your mission. Like the elders in Kemah tricked one of their companions that they got robbed. Good times :)


LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

No comments:

Post a Comment