Tuesday, June 28, 2016

My last week in this area.... 27 June 2016

So next time I write you, I will be about to go to the mission office and then traveling training.... How crazy is that? I'm not quite sure what to think about it. I've been here about 11 months. This has been almost my whole mission. and I've absolutely loved it :) The people are so wonderful.

They threw me a surprise farewell this past week actually and I am completely oblivious to everything.... Hermana Calvert (the relief society president) asked me to teach the hermanas how to lead music and so I thought of course I can do that. I really believed that I was going to do just that, but then I was there and I saw all these people coming in and lots and lots of food, and well, it was a little fiesta. They were so sweet. I may have teared up a little bit :) I'll probably be a wreck when I say goodbye to everyone! Or the complete opposite. Who knows with me? haha

One of the hermanas gave me the COOLEST bag from Guatemala. I LOVE IT!!!!!!! I'll have to send a picture of it. THAT IS ALL I WANTED!!!!! WHOOOOOOT! and then one day I will visit all these countries and get even more cool things and be with the people. One day it will happen:)

AMAZING THING!! YOU WILL NEVER GUESS WHAT HAPPENED!!!!!!! I GET TO GO TO THE TEMPLE WITH JORGE!!!! I mean it's not for his endowment or anything, but I get to go do baptisms this saturday!!!!! That's all I wanted and a perfect way to end my normal time in the mission. 

Crazy busy week. I had 2 exchanges and a training at Zone Meeting and then I had a musical number at a devotional, but the coolest thing ever: I GOT TO TRANSLATE. for like 45 minutes!!!!!! I LOVE LANGUAGES!!!!!

Something I loved that I learned in Stake Conference is that Life depends on a Choice. Follow God or Satan. That's how it has always been. Even in the Pre-Mortal life we had that one choice. God or Satan. We may think of course I'm picking God, who wouldn't? But are we really?? Are we really choosing Him and keeping His commandments? If not, I would invite all of us to take a look and really figure out who we are choosing. :) it's made me reflect a lot on that. 

Said bye to some awesome people in Houston 1. I know them pretty well because I've been here for a billion stake things haha, there is a picture below with missionaries and 2 of my friends from H1 (Christian y Kiko) 



Love the mission. Love this area. Love the people. I know I will miss my recent converts and all the friends I have made, but I know they need someone else. It's time for someone else to come in and for Hermana Burger to take over. She'll do great and I know that will help her more than anything. God really gave me the wonderful chance to be here for so long and just to grow and love these people. They are so special and I just want to stay close friends with them. But more than anything whatever happens, i want to see them in the Celestial Kingdom. So that means I have to get there and they have to do the same. The good thing is with your mission ending, you can still encourage them and pray for them. The mission doesn't end here of course, it goes on for the rest of your life. (but more to come on later emails :) haha

I don't know if I will email next week.... i don't understand what is going on with that because I am going to the mission office and then heading out to be a traveling trainer, so I guess I'll find out later!!

Love you tons!!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment