Monday, June 6, 2016

Buenos Dias!!! 6 June 2016

Friends from Kemah:



We had an amazing week!!! Heidee and her husband came to church!!!!! Whooooooo!!! They are so cool. She even brought the pamplets, Book of Mormon, and a notebook to write on. She has a date, so she will definitely be prepared for that!!! We are extending her husband a date soon, so they can both be baptized on the same day. 

Also Emilio came to church again!! He is just a solid guy. He does what he says he will. His kids couldn't come because they were with the mom, but they are still amazing. Reading like 45 minutes everyday in the book of mormon. They're already way ahead of where I was, and I grew up in the church!!!

IRIS CAME TO CHURCH!!!!!!!! She hasn't been able to go in forever, but now she will be going to church every Sunday and WE CAN GO TO THE TEMPLE!!!!!!!! :):):):):):) that's all I wanted!!!!! Heavenly Father is the best. I was so happy when she got to partake of the sacrament (that sounds weird I know, but I was so excited for that) because she was able to renew her covenants and now the Spirit will be stronger with her. Such a blessing, and I know she will be able to see the difference in her life. 

Also random thing, Favio and Milton from Kemah came here! So fun to see them (pictures to come)

I never realized how important visiting teacher and home teachers are. (well, I guess I know the home teachers because we have had the absolutely best people on the planet as our home teachers :) but how many people truly need them. Some situations are very hard, but with just a little bit of support, it can make the world of difference. If you have any suggestions on how to help the ward with their home teaching and getting them motivated to do it, let me know!

I was so blessed to be able to go to an MLC with Elder Robbins of the 70. Oh my goodness. I learned sooooooooooo much. He took a lot of what he taught from a book called Love is a Choice. I would suggest that you read it because it sounds awesome. 

My favorite thing that I learned (again) was called the anti-responsibility list and it really hit me that I have been on that list WAY too much. So I will explain it to you:)

What things do we do to avoid responsibility? 
~blame         ~find excuses       ~hide/cover up      ~justify/ rationalize          ~procrastinate
~murmur       ~Enabler (helping others be on this list)

There are so many more, but those are some of the basics. How many times do you find ourselves in one of those? How many times do we know what we need to do, but we don't do it or we blame someone else for what we didn't do. 

But why do we want to get off that? That's the only way to unlock our true potential and to have better lasting relationships with whomever. 

The wonderful thing about that though, is we have the perfect example of the complete opposite of the anti-responsibility list and the person who was always right, who never did anything wrong, but who had every single wrongdoing possible done to Him and He still thought about others. Jesus Christ is our perfect example of how to not be on the list and how to better our relationships. 

Wow, I wish I could explain everything Elder Robbins taught, but you should read the book because he explains it SO much better than I do :)

I love you all so much! The gospel (faith, repentance, baptism, holy ghost, and endure to the end) is true. I promise you, God can do more with you than you can. I've seen it and I've lived it:) Have a great week!! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment