Monday, February 23, 2015

23 February 2015

Hola!! Okay, this week has been crazy!!! I am still a little overwhelmed with Spanish, but I know that will just come with time.

So we taught 32 lessons this week and the average is 15. Crazy! plus we went around and found new investigators, less actives, man, it was super busy! but that is good because it gives me less time to dwell on how different it is here than anywhere else, but I am definitely loving it. 

Okay miracles! because there are a billion and twenty!

Okay, so here's what happened. Well some of the things that happened.

The most amazing one is we decided to go find all the less actives who hadn't been contacted in like 10 years--okay that might be an exaggeration, but anyways--we were deciding to go either to a different investigator or keep finding the less actives and I just decided that we needed to go find the less active on the list. So we did. It took like 20 minutes to find it, but we finally made it. We knocked on the door and asked for the guy on the list. The guy who opened the door came out and said he didn't know him, but he started to talk to us anyway. Then, we figured out it was him. and he started telling us all about his life and everything that had been happening. He said he was thinking about doing something--that he definitely should not do--but we stopped him. He said that he had been seriously just about to head out and do something, but three angels (my companion, a member, and I) stopped it. Man, we saved 2 souls that day! Whoa. But really, we were there exactly at the right time. 

Then another miracle. That's kind of funny. So we were trying to go to our lessons yesterday, but every person was gone. Literally everyone. Meh. and then while we were driving to our last one, we looked and we were almost out of gas. So we stopped and we decided it would just be easier to walk an hour to this man's house. (we couldn't buy gas because well, it is Sunday! el Dia de Reposo! Anyway, we walked there and when we got to the man's house, he was gone too! but his son answered the door. He said he wasn't there, but he would tell him that we stopped by.  As we were leaving, he heard us mention that it was time to walk back, so he stopped us and said, I can give you a ride. So he did. We started talking to him, and then he accepted the offer to come back and teach him about the gospel. Everything lead up to finding him. He barely got home when we arrived--so we needed to walk for an hour and try to find people--and he needed to hear us say we were walking. pretty cool.

I can't remember really what happened the other days...My brain doesn't retain anything. But I am having a wonderful time. Sometimes I wish I could take away the agency of people because they would be SO happy following the standards of the Gospel, but that would never work and it is against God's plan, but we keep working with all of them and keep praying for them too!

Oh, one cool thing, we had an awesome experience with prayer. We have been praying for this one guy because he has been going through a lot and has a lot of temptations, but he told us the other day that he is super willing to change and he has been doing a lot better at overcoming his temptations. Awesome! 

Life is super good. I am going to start eating a lot though...little worried about that because I am in a driving mission, but it is worth it! The food is so good!! It is authentic Mexican food and I love it.  Yum! I hope I can learn some good cooking skills and be able to cook for you guys when I get back!! 

Hmmm, I can't think of anything else to say!! Adios mi familia!! Les amo muchisimo!! :)


Okay, one more cool thing. I forget to mention this, but we met a family who's cousin--or maybe friend--that is living with them who speaks French, and he is a less active, so I will be able to go over and talk to him, and try to bring up the gospel in French!! and also, I got a French book of Mormon, and a lady who works in the office got my name down because she said there are quite a few people who speak French, so I might be able to use my French! HOW AWESOME!!! I LOVE LANGUAGES!!! they can be crazy and super difficult, but I do love them! me encanta :)

LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL AGAIN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment