Monday, December 28, 2015

BAUTISMO Y LA despedida de la Hermana Ihrke :( 28 December 2015

So guess what. Hermana Ihrke left for her casa!!! I can't even believe it. It hasn't fully set in quite yet! But it will be good. I'll miss her, but it was fun being her companion. :)





Hermana Rivas and I are now solo! She's awesome! We're gonna work super hard and baptize lots of people!!!! Whoooot! We have a lot of really awesome people in our area, and they're all gonna get baptized!!! At least, I'll do everything that I can to make sure they do:):) 

So this week we HAD A BAUTISMO!!!!! It was awesoooome!!!! It was craaaaazy though. Oh my goodness. I'll explain why. So that whole day, we had the Christmas conference, and we had to leave a little early to set up for the baptism. As we arrived at the church, we went to start to fill up the font, only to discover the WATER WAS SHUT OFF!!!!! and we only had an hour before the baptism. We try calling everyone, but no one knew how to turn the water back on. The Singles Ward elders tried to find it too, but they couldn't. Safe to say, we were completely freaking out. Iris arrived and we didn't have anything set up. So we had to call everyone and change the baptism to the other building and start the font over there. but there was a problem with that too because the fonts take like an hour to fill up to a good point. and we only had like 30 minutes.... We couldn't wait any longer, we just had to do it. and the water was so short, but it worked out and IRIS got BAPTIZED!!!!!!!! and Antonio baptized her!!!!!!! It was so special :):):) how cool is it that your recent convert gets to baptize his mom!!! and Estrella his sister has a date and Alexis his tio is feeling better about joining the church and everything!!!! LIFE IS SO GOOD!!!! Heavenly Father is giving us so many blessings that we really don't deserve. :):):) 



But now on to the Christmas conference!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVED it!!!!! It was really fun getting to be with our whole mission. I thought it was a lot bigger than it really is! We got to go and learn all about Christ and the importance of a Savior. That's another thing I love about the mission. We can learn so much about everything. It truly is preparation for life. Preparation to serve Heavenly Father for the rest of our lives!! Because that's truly the way to happiness :) We watched a cute movie and then we ate a delicious dinner. After that we had a talent show. There are so many talented people in this world!!! I was so impressed!! I really like the funny ones though. I always think they're really entertaining. 

So the other day we were talking about Captain Moroni and how incredible he is. We read in Alma 48:17 that if more people were like him all the powers of hell would be shaken. First of all, how cool is that??? and second, why can't that be us?? Everybody can be like him. As we strive to follow the Savior and obey with exactness and with all of our hearts, trusting in God, we can do it! I would encourage y'all to strive with me to become sometime as strong and as faithful as Moroni and help all others around us do the same :)

Another thing I've been thinking about a lot is the importance of this message. Now as I am truly feeling and understanding the importance of this message, it kills me when people aren't interested, think other things are more important, or just 'don't have time'. There really isn't an excuse. God needs to come first if we want to have happiness in this life and in the life after. A quote I love is it's not easy to be a disciple, but it's easier than not being one. or sometime like that. I read it in a talk one time. I have been called to reflect on myself personally and what I need to do to change to put God first. Not gonna lie even on my mission there are looots of things I need to change. but I know God will help me do it so I can accomplish His work. But I truly can attest that I feel so much happier when I am trying to be like the Savior and give my will to the Lord.

Anyway, Christmas was awesome. We celebrated Estrella's birthday as well. It was super fun. There are a pinata and everything!! I am pretty sure I looked like an idiot when I was trying to hit it, but it was super fun. I enjoyed it :) It was a very good Christmas! and I got to talk to you!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL LOTS :) I'm really blessed with the best family on this planet. It's fine :) oh guess what though. this Christmas was 80 and sunny. First one every. It was definitely a little different than Utah! 

Also THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE FOR YOUR WONDERFUL AND GENEROUS GIFTS!!!!!! I am blessed with the best people in my life :) I will be sending cards to you all soon, so I can thank you for real :) but thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I was talking with people about making Christmas a spiritual experience, it made me remember what we do as an extended family and how we put on the nativity and have a lesson. That's awesome!!!! When I get back, I am going to appreciate it even more. Because really Christmas is a time for family and for thinking about our Savior. :) 

now we are coming up on a brand new year!!! and guess what we get to do!! Make goals!! That's what we are focusing on as a mission this week. I have a lot of goals that I want to make, and I am going to focus on them, so I can accomplish them!!! I have spiritual and ummm temporal I guess? I'm slightly forgetting how to speak not in scriptural terms if you can't tell by my email. It's a problem. But esta bien. I hope you all are doing the same!!! Goals help us achieve what God needs us to during the year and what we need in our lives!!!! 

Enjoy New Years!!! I love you sooooo much!!! Let me know if I can do anything for you!!!!!! :):):) tomen buenas decisiones!!!!! :):):):)

No comments:

Post a Comment