Monday, February 1, 2016

Konnichiwa--1 February 2016








ELDER RUSSELL M. NELSON IS AWESOME!!!!!! He's 91 years old, but he has so much energy. He started off by talking about how "I love to bounce out of bed and see what the Lord is gonna do today!!" I want to have that much energy when I am his age! and I GOT TO SHAKE HIS HAND!!!!!!!! :) and usher!!!! wooooooooot. super lovely. and I also learned a lot of course. One thing he focused on a lot is family history and going to the temple to do that work. Speaking of that, how are y'all doing in family history??? Are you going to the temple as much as you can?? Because if not............... DO IT :) it's awesome and I promise you'll find a lot of joy in this life and even more joy in the life to come. and isn't that what we want? To be happy?? True happiness comes when we forget about yourselves and we focus on others. (still working on that of course, but I've definitely noticed a difference) 

One thing I loved from him is that he said "You can strengthen your family more by serving a mission than you can at the dinner table" how profound is that! and funny too. but really I know that being out here can really help y'all and eventually I'll come back of course, but it gives me some peace to know that God is watching out for you all :) (that was mostly for Senior Couples, but I can apply it to myself!!! but one day when I'm on a Senior couple mission, I'll be able to look back and apply it to that as well!!) 

and my favorite quote "Be so devoted that the Lord has to bless them" (family, investigators, companions) all of that. When we give our all to the Lord and we try to do all we can, the Lord has to bless them. That's a pretty amazing promise. I absolutely love it. I promise I'm trying my best!

TERESA IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! every prayer she says she asks for help to get baptized and that she will be able to feel clean!!!!!!!! SHE IS AMAZING. I know I've said that a lot but I really love her. She is working really hard and has a date for the 14th. So we should be having two baptisms that day!!!!! How cool is that????? :) me alegro muchisimo!!!!!! She is really progressing and she needs this gospel. It will help her so much in her life.

We had a lesson with her on the Atonement and Repentance. Wow, powerful stuff. I love teaching those together because really repentance is a blessing, and we only have that blessing through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I really love the Atonement and I love studying about it. and just as it says in PMG " as your understanding of the Atonement grows, your desire to share the gospel will increase" or something like that. I don't know it exactly. but it's so true. If we truly understand the Atonement, we will do anything and everything for each person and ourselves. It is such a gift that Jesus Christ has already paid for. We just have to take the step and apply it in our lives. 

WE HAVE AN AWESOME NEW INVESTIGATOR!!!!!!! His name is Rolando and he is basically golden!!!!!! He was in the same jail as Jose Smith and that's where he heard about our church and started to read the book of Mormon while he was in there. how legit is that???? He is reading and he has already read a lot. He is super smart and he has a date for the 21 of February. He is so cool and he is getting baptized!!!! WHY ARE WE SO BLESSED?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!? :) 

We had interviews with President this last week. Pretty good. Pretty normal. It's always how are you? I'm really great. I love my area and I never want to leave!! haha :) but we'll see what happens. 

Our ward is so cute! They made all the missionaries a full on dinner and it was delicious. They are so cute. I really really like them. again BENDICIONES!!! 

What else happened....... Hermana Rivas is heading out this Wednesday and we are taking her to the airport! That's kind of exciting! 

One thing that is so hard for me is that we can't go and see our family everyday because there are lots of other people who need us. We still go by and visit them all the time, but not as consistently as we did. They are all so upset about it. but we can't spend every day with them! ah. We go by like 3 times a week or something because we still need to work with them. They're new in the church and they need to stay strong. 

One thing that I was thinking about during Sacrament meeting is that (for people who didn't go to church) how would you feel if you died tomorrow without taking the sacrament? What would God say?? If you didn't have a legit reason, I'd assume you'd definitely regret that, right? The sacrament is the way to be clean again every week, so obviously it's really important (you should read the Last Sacrament Cup that was in the Ensign) but it's ESSENTIAL FOR OUR SALVATION TO PARTAKE OF THE SACRAMENT EVERY WEEK!!!!!! but that's all for that :)

Love life and I LOVE THE MISSION!!!!! :) The Gospel is true and I know that we will be happy here and for the eternities. LOVE YOU ALL :):):):):):)

No comments:

Post a Comment