Monday, April 13, 2015

12 April 2015

FAMILIA!!!!!!!!!!! I FLIPPING LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!! I hope you know that! You guys are the BEST! por seguro!!!! I hope everything is going super well for you and you just love life! Let me know if there's anything I can do for you here in Texas :)

It has been crazy weather. Some days it's so hot, I could almost die. Other days it's pouring rain. There's not really an in between right now. and the best part is we're BIKING! loooooove it!!! We seriously biked like a 100 miles or more. It's crazy. That may not seem like a lot, but we have to get to our citas super quick, so we are working really hard. I love it! I feel like I'm going to be in super good shape if I keep this up. At least I hope so! 

This week was SO amazing!! Seriously trials may bring you down for a little bit, but God will always help you back up if you're willing to put in the work. I can't even tell you how much I believe in that now! God is so merciful. I know that I mess up; life can be crazy, but God will always be there. I may not seem him, but as Thomas S. Monson said "one day you will look back and you will see he was always there beside you." o algo asi. 

Oh tell the Relief Society thanks for the hearts they sent me! I just barely got it! hahaha that was so sweet of them!!!

Okay so we have done so much service this week!!!!! SERVICE IS MY FAVORITE!!!!!! We taught English class, and they're all so cool! We have actually found tons of investigators a traves de la clase de Ingles. Que chevre! (that's how cool en espanol!) They're doing so well, and you can tell they really want to have better lives! 

Then we worked in the garden! It was amazing!!!  We work with an Episcopal Church, and they are wonderful!! I love them, and Tabitha (one of the ladies there) has family that are members. She's amazing! I am so happy to have met her and Ally (the other lady). I didn't realize how much I love working in a garden (yes, I know, mom. I should've realized that sooner :) hahaha)

Oh quick side note about that church! We went to a service with them. It was super cool. They were really nice. We had like an agape meal and talked about Jesus Christ. They had a feet washing thing, and Tabitha asked to wash my companions and my feet. It was really cool because it shows how amazing they are and how humble and willing to serve she is. I love them all a ton! I love learning about different Churches, and it's cool because it really strengthens my testimony of our Church :) sweeeeeeeet.

Back to service: then we went and worked at the food truck again with the Methodist Church and it was pouring!!! I loved it!!! I was completely drenched, but the people there are always so nice! It's was the best! It's one of my favorite parts of the week!!!

Okay now for teaching miracles!!! So we had two people who sort of dropped us, but then they got in contact with us again and they're going to get baptized!!! How awesome!!!! Yessss!! We have to work with them a little bit, but for sure, they're getting baptized soon. I have faith :)

Another miracle!! We randomly were calling people and we came across Mario. He said we could come by and teach him, so we did yesterday. He said he knows our Church is true and that he needs to be baptized and he has a really good friend that is Mormon. Dang. He's so prepared! He's going to be baptized too!!!!

Then our recent converts are doing good, and I'm starting to become better friends with them :) yes! I may not always understand them, but I am getting there!!

Oh another thing! We found another long lost investigator, and he is going to get baptized as soon as he can start coming to Church! He is so cool, and he has a really strong testimony of Joseph Smith. 

I love the people here so much!!!!!!!!!! They're my favorite!!! (besides my family of course :):):) ) 

What more can I say? The mission is the best. God is always with you even during trials and challenges. I have the best family in the world. I know this church is true. I love seeing all the changes of people who are following Jesus Christ and becoming a part of His church. Because really, this Church wasn't made by man. It was made by Jesus Christ, and we are taking part of saving souls. I love it, and I am so blessed to be here and to learn to become better myself and to help people come to the same salvation and joy that we as members can feel. 

Never give up on the faith! Everything will work out with God. :) LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO MUCH!!!!!!!!! TELL EVERYONE I SAY HI!!!!!! :):):):):):):):):)

Man, sometimes I can't remember English. It's awesome! Like sometimes I'll be speaking in English, but I can only think of the Spanish word. That's what I want! Although now my English sounds a little iffy, and it is hard to spell. I am working on it though! haha. 

1 comment:

  1. Love your letters and testimony. I just returned from baby sitting Leslie's 3 dogs. And for the record. I can't always remember English words either, but my problem is called "OLD AGE."

    ReplyDelete