Monday, April 27, 2015

27 April 2015





okay funniest thing ever! we have this recent convert, his name is Hermano Chavez and he's 87 years old. and he loves it when we sing to him. So we tried, but we just started laughing, so he stopped us and said, no. I will sing for you. He just starts singing like opera style. SUPER funny and it was like the cutest thing ever!! hahaha 

Although we didn't get the baptism we were thinking we could have, we did have Jaime's baptism!! He is sooooooo cool! He's the one I told you about in the other email. He's such a good guy and he really wants to do what's right. He biked like 20 miles just to get to his baptism and church because he doesn't have a car. Wow. He is super committed! 

We have been having super good lessons lately. and in some we've been super fuerte. Sometimes you have to be really tough and let them know hey you have to follow this commandment, but we try to do it with love too. because that's how it works best. 

One really amazing thing that happened is that we were role playing for one of our investigators who we were going to invite to be baptized and as we were doing it the Spirit was so strong. I seriously felt this joy in my heart that I can't explain. We just knew that he was going to accept. So that night we invited him and he said he felt really good about it and he was willing to do what it took to change. How amazing is that! He should get baptized super soon :) we're hoping this week if that's what the Lord wants! 

Ooooo Grandma will love this!!! I found 15 names that I am taking to the temple with our recent converts!!!!! How amazing!!!!! I can do the women and then all of our recent converts are going to do the men. In that case it's nice that our recent converts are all men hahaha :)

The mission brings such a joy and love of people and the gospel. I can't even explain it to you. I love it so much. I know I'm changing as a person and I get to see others completely change their lives and do what God wants. This really is the work of salvation and I am willing to do whatever God needs me to do to help people come unto Christ and have the misma felicidad que tenemos. We are truly so blessed to have the gospel in our lives. Everyone needs it. They might think they don't, but they do. Every person you pass on the street, in your work, everywhere they need the peace and truth that comes with the Gospel. Never forget that :) 

I love you all with all of my heart!!! Never give up on your faith! Remember that God loves you no matter what. But it's up to us to work to feel that love. because only the Spirit can bring the love of God. entonces to feel that, we have to be worthy and be keeping the commandments. It can be hard, but as we do it, our lives will be so much better because God knows best and He can help us so much more than anyone or anything else.

LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!!!! I can't believe we'll be talking next month!!! craaaaaazy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment