Wednesday, April 1, 2015

31 March 2015









Okay, so this week has been awesooooooooooooooome.

Tuesday....We had English class!! Did I tell you that we teach English class? It's super fun, but we are trying to make it super serious, so we are making worksheets and taking time to plan for it. It's so fun. They all really want to learn English, and I am trying to learn Spanish, so the basics are always good for me to see :) hahah, (speaking of which, mom, do you have any suggestions for teaching English?) We have seriously handed out like 65 fliers already to people who said they really wanted to learn Espanol. We have seen so many miracles because of it and found lots of investigators! Yes!

Okay, so time for miracles of course!!!!

First of all, we have this amazing investigator, Luz. She super wants to get baptized, but there are some family things that need to be figured out before she can get baptized. We are fasting this week from English, so she can have the miracle that she needs. She has a date for the 26th, and I have faith that she will be baptized then :) She is amazing, and she has had a crazy life, but she really wants to change and become better, and she knows that she can only do that through baptism. (I don't know how much of a miracle that is, but she is amazing, and we will be seeing a miracle soon!!! hahahaa)

Then we have Hermano Chavez Jr. He has been taught for FOREVER. like 8 years. But he understands everything, and he knows all about the Restoration and the Book of Mormon, but every time baptism is brought up, he gets grumpy and stops talking. This time though, he kept asking questions, and we just kept trying to explain all of them, and explain baptism is through someone who holds priesthood authority--which only the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has. We just didn't give up, and finally he seemed to get it. and he told us that he was actually going to pray with all of his heart, and if God told him to get baptized again, he would. WHOOOOO!! Can you believe it? We are going to talk to him, and I know that if he prayed with real intent, God told him that baptism is necessary por algiuen que posee el sacerdocio. QUE CHEVRE! I am so happy!!! I'll keep you updated on that!!

Then we found lots of new investigators--which is super good because we've been struggling a little with that. but I knew it would work out if we did our part. You struggle so when the good times come, you appreciate them so much more. Sometimes you fall, but then when you get up, everything is better!! I have definitely seen that a lot on my mission. Some days are super rough, but then I'll see a miracle the next second, or I will just all of a sudden know everything will be okay. Or it tests me and then I get the opportunity to grow stronger and overcome. It sounds weird, but I can see how much of a blessing that is. 

I have already changed bastante. Being on this mission is going to shape who I am forever. One thing I have promised to myself is that I will never forget this. Never forget the miracles and blessings God has given me. I see so many people who had such strong testimonies, but they fell away because they refused to look for God and do the simple things. It's so sad, but it makes me realize, we can never stop. We are either progressing or regressing. There is no other way. I will always keep working to improve my testimony and I hope that you all will do that too :)

OOOOOOOO guess what!!!!! I LOVE SERVICE!!! We went and served in a garden with a different Church--Episcopal--and the the Food truck--with the Methodist Church. They are sooooooooo awesome!! I love them, and they totally accept us even though they know we're Mormons and missionaries. Super awesome! and one guy even said to us, that we are the only people who live what we teach! People really do see what we, as Mormons, and representatives of Jesus Christ do. Never forget that we are examples, and we always need to act in a way that can bring people unto Christ. 

ANOTHER THING!!!!! We had our recent converts blessing and passing the sacrament yesterday, some of them for the first time!!!!!!!!!!! I could not stop smiling. They all have improved so much even from the time I have been here, and they are working so hard to become even better. They are such great examples to me!

Oh another thing again!!! We took out two recent converts a little bit ago, and they did amazing!! They basically were missionaries. My companion and I promised we wouldn't say a word because they were there to teach. and they did. SO WELL! their testimonies were bien fuerte, and you could tell they truly believed what they were saying. 

I LOVE THE MISSION AND I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!! I hope everything is going amazingly well, and you are working to keep up your testimonies. If there is anything I can ever do for you all, just let me know. I might be kind of limited, but whatever I can do, estoy aqui! :) but LES AMO MUCHISIMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss you all!!!!!!!!! 

OH WAIT!!!!! DON'T FORGET TO WATCH CONFERENCE WITH A QUESTION!!!!! AND JUST LOVE CONFERENCE!!!!!!!  IT's where we go to hear God's words for us. We hear general revelation and receive specific revelation for ourselves! Super good!! 

OKAY LOVE YOU AGAIN!!!!! BYEEEEE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment