Monday, July 13, 2015

13 July 2015

Hello! Hello!!! I hope y'all are doing well!!!!!!!!! (see my y'all coming in? Total Texan, huh? hahahahaha jk because I only speak Spanish, so I doubt I'll get the accent) this week has been the craziest week of my life. Oh my goodness gracious.... let me tell you about it.

But first I'll tell you the boring stuff hahahahah :) I'm funny. I'm gonna make you wait. Jorge passed the interview and he is so ready to be baptized, he just needs to get over his fear! Pray for that por favor!!!! 

I've been studying Christlike attributes a lot and man, I have SO much to work on hahaha, but I love it because I know I am developing (or at least improving) those attributes. Every day is an opportunity to improve! because we are always either progressing or regressing. We never stay constant. Food for thought :) also studying a lot on how to be a full purpose missionary. I've really been trying to focus on purely thinking about the work because once you get that, you will be able to forget about yourself and get to work!! Since we stay home a lot, I think that's part of what Heavenly Father wants me to learn. He wants me to be able to control my mind even when I'm kind of bored and just reading the scriptures all day. (granted, I have grown to love the scriptures, but sometimes.... you just want to go out and teach, ya know?) 

Okay, I can't wait to tell you about how crazy this week was!!!! Okay, so normally I wouldn't actually go on an exchange with Hermana Huntsman because she's over the other half of the mission (because now she's the Senior Sister Training Leader. I knew it would happen. She's way too amazing not to be it!!!!) but my two Sister Training Leaders said they felt really prompted that she needed to be on an exchange with me. So eso paso. It was really the best!!! I didn't realize how much I missed her!!! She's always happy and we were able to talk about everything. Missed that too :) So she and I were talking about her purpose on this exchange. as we were talking we started talking about Josue Ixcoy.

Here's the crazy part and the super super super sad part. Josue is one of our recent converts and I love him to death. He really is amazing. A little after Hermana Huntsman left though, he fell pretty hard. He started drinking again. So one night he and his friends were drinking when the police came by and took them. Unfortunately, because Josue doesn't have papers.... immigration took him. So right now he's in immigration waiting to get sent back to Guatemala. :( 

But we were talking about that situation and we both felt really prompted that we were supposed to go see him. So we ran to his family's house to get the address and see what we could do for them and then go and see him. We called President Hall and asked him if he could. We waited for like 5 hours to find out, and finally he responded...because we are sisters, we weren't allowed to go, but some elders are heading out and at least we got to help Josue get in contact with family. 

So really it wasn't the craziest thing, but it was at the time. I still am hoping that for some weird reason, the rules will bend and we can see him before he heads out because he doesn't want to be there at all or go back to Guatemala. So really the crazy thing is that our recent convert is being deported. Super sad :( me hace muy triste. but I know he's in God's hands and He will help him stay strong in the gospel. 

One miracle is that his family here has completely changed!! They are coming to Church and they are trying to follow the commandments and be baptized. Que increible! It goes to show you that you can either let things push you do and you hate it or you can change and become what God wants you to be. I'm glad they picked the second option. It's easier :) 

Have an amazing week full of miracles!!!!! God loves you and He is always there for you!!! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!!!!!!!!! :):):):) thanks for being the best family i could ever have. Eternal families are for real!!! :)

Hasta luego!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Kasey,
    What an interesting story! I hope it works out for your convert, and his family. Sometime you have to wait a long time to see some of the reasons behind all the interactions that happen on a mission. But, I know they are not accidental.
    I'm so glad you are out there helping people. The world needs people with good hearts who are really trying to make a difference in the lives of individuals. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete