Monday, November 30, 2015

30 November 2015

HELLO!!!!!!!! COMO ESTAN???? we are only speaking spanish and I looooooove it. It's like my favorite thing on the planet. It's helping me a lot. Sorry this email will be kind of crazy because I'm a little scatterbrained today. Don't know why. Maybe I'm really tired and hungry. Also P-day is way more stressful than any other day. No se porque. 

We had a super good week!!!!! It was lovely. 

Thanksgiving was awesome. We went to the Well's house to eat and it was delicious. I ate SO much. one tradition that they have is they go around and say one thing they are thankful for and then light a candle. Hearing everything that people were grateful for was pretty incredible. Antonio went with us and he said he was grateful for having the church :) AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! He's so converted and he's going on a mission!!! He already loves coming out with us and he loves sharing his testimony. He's my favorite :):):) 

What are you grateful for??? There are so many things in this world for which we can be grateful. I can't even count how many blessings I have in this world!!! But I'll name just a few for you all :) I've got my amazing family that I love to death, the gospel, the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people, the church, happiness, ability to work, my friends, my future. Wow, I could just keep going on and on. I've always in my prayers started out with things that I was grateful for, but now every morning I only say prayers of gratitude. It's changed my day. I'm happier and I know it's because I'm trying to be grateful for everything I've received :)

Also another cool thing!!!!! Prayers are totally answered!!!! I had been asking Heavenly Father for help with something and all of a sudden, it just happened. I know it's because He wants me to work harder and He knows I truly needed His help. and I got it!!!!! How amazing is that? And it can happen for every single one of us :)

I gave a talk yesterday on the Ten Virgins (Matthew 25:1-13) You should read it. But I've always loved that story. Especially since during one Girls' camp we had the walk on that. I felt the Spirit really strong then, and well it's impacted me ever since. As I was studying this talk, something hit me super hard. In verse 12 it talks about the Bridegroom saying I don't know you...... how would you feel if he said that to you? If Jesus Christ had to say, I'm sorry, but I don't know you. You didn't do what I asked you to do. I had the way for you to be happy, and you didn't want to do it. You chose not to follow me......... I can't even imagine that. I would be devastated, and I would be just as devastated or even more if I had to see that happen with a member of my family or my friends. We need to remember that we don't know when He will come, but we need to start now!!!!!! If you don't have a testimony of His church, find it! If you're not keeping the commandments, do it!! 

This mission is changing my life and I LOVE IT!!!! I'm so blessed to be able to be here and take part in this work. :)

Iris accepted another date, and this time, she feels super good about it. After seeing Antonio take this act of faith, she's been reading and really growing her testimony. and do you want to know the coolest thing?!?!?!? Antonio will be able to baptize her!!!!!!!! yes!!!!!!!

Oh also should mention that I will be staying here in this area again with Hna Ihrke and Hna Rivas. I LOVE THEM BOTH!!!!!! :) I'm super sad that Hna Ihrke will be leaving this transfer. She's incredible. I've learned so much from her, and I've loved being her companion. We still have 4 weeks, but she really was a companion that I had been praying for!!!!!

Sorry my computer is going to shut down, but if I can get another one, I'll write more!!! I have so much to say!!! LOVE YOU :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

No comments:

Post a Comment